Application deadline January 15
Students applying for admission to the MU Graduate School should follow the instructions below when submitting application materials.
The Slate System may be accessed through the Graduate School where you can access the ONLINE APPLICATION. This is the preferred method of application, though the paper application can be obtained. Applications are considered complete only after the application fee has been paid. If you complete the online application for graduate admission, please forward the following materials directly to the Graduate Admission Office, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, 800-877-6312 or 573-884-8488:
- Official transcripts from every college or university you have attended (sent directly from the institution)
- *Official TOEFL scores (sent directly from the Educational Testing Service)
* for international applicants only.
The remaining items will be completed online within the application process.
- Three Letters of Recommendation. The individual writing the letter of recommendation should submit letters electronically.
- Personal Statement (2-3 pp.). Please include in your personal statement your reasons for applying to MU Theatre's graduate program; please address specifically why and how our program and our faculty will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Writing Sample(s): submit 2 examples of scholarly writing; if you are also a creative writer please submit one example (play, performance text, screenplay, etc.)
For applications or more information, please write or call:
Department of Theatre
University of Missouri
129 Fine Arts Building
Columbia, MO 65211
Please upload unofficial copies of all college/university transcripts to your online application for admission. You will only need to provide official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies if you are accepted to the program.